Youth Tour 2022 has been cancelled due to the COVID-19 Pandemic
Youth Tour Overview
Columbus Electric Cooperative and New Mexico Rural Electric Cooperative Association, are offering students from rural areas a once in a lifetime experience! Students get a first-hand look at the electric industry, learn about the legislative and governmental process, and get the rare opportunity to visit our nation’s capital.
- Be in the 11th or 12th grade when applying.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be an immediate family member of an active CEC member.
- Be able to participate in the tour to Washington, D.C.
- Submit the completed application and one original letter of recommendation provided by school personnel (teacher, counselor or principal) to Columbus Electric Coop
- If selected, the delegate will need to attend a personal interview with a parent/guardian at the Columbus Electric Coop office in Deming or Animas.