- Recipient must be an active member or of the immediate family of an active member of Columbus Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- First time applicants must complete the required Scholarship Application Form and present three letters of recommendation attesting to the character and capability of the applicant. These letters may be from guidance counselors, principals, superintendents, teachers, business leaders, employers or others.
- The application must be submitted to Columbus Electric Cooperative, Inc., 900 N. Gold Ave./P.O. Box 631, Deming, New Mexico 88031, by March 2, 2023.
- The grant shall be in the amount of $1,500 per year ($750.00 per student per semester). The number of grants issued each year will be determined by the Trustees.
- Academic accomplishments, character and need will be the determining factors in selecting the persons to receive these education grants.
- Should the student be selected for the grant, the grant will be made available upon proof of registration for the first semester. Upon completion of the first semester, a statement will be required from the institution certifying the applicant is considered by the Registrar to be a regular full-time student in good standing with a grade point average of at least 2.5, using a 4.0 grading system. Upon receipt of this statement and proof of enrollment for the second semester, the grant will be issued to the student.
- The maximum any student can receive is four grants for eight semesters. Should a student be awarded a grant and wish to reapply for the next school year, the statement of certification as specified in paragraph (6) of this schedule, proof of enrollment for the following semester and an Application for Scholarship Renewal Form must be received by the Trust prior to the due dates specified in paragraph (3).