Report an Outage
Power Out? Let's Get it Back On Quickly!
Important! Stay away from Power Lines on the Ground - Do not attempt to remove trees, limbs or other objects from power lines. Call us immediately!
Make Sure Your Home System is Working
- If your electricity should go off, check your main electrical panel to see if a fuse has blown or a breaker has tripped. Fuses must be replaced while breakers need only be reset.
- If the problem is not in your main panel, check with a neighbor to see if other homes in the area have power.
- If the problem is not in your home's wiring or if several homes are involved, call us at 1-800-228-0579
When You Report an Outage
To expedite your call, please give the following information:
- Name and address as listed on your bill
- Service Location Number as listed on your bill
- Telephone Number (so we can call you if we need more information)
- How long your power has been off
- If you know the cause of the outage, please describe it (Example: a tree limb fell on the line, a pole has been hit by a car, etc.). This will save time for the crew
What to do if you depend on medical equipment
- If someone in your home depends on medical support equipment contact CEC and report your requirements.
- Outages can happen unexpectedly so we urge you to have backup power available and to test the equipment regularly. Columbus Electric cannot guarantee against extended outages.
Outage Reporting Phone Numbers:
Columbus Electric Cooperative, Inc. Outage Number: 1-800-228-0579
If your call is not answered immediately, it may mean others are out of power and Columbus Electric Cooperative's operator is working as fast as possible to answer telephones and dispatch crews to get service back on.