Beware of Phone Scams
Beware of Scams: Tips to help keep your identity safe.
• Do not assume the name and numbers on your caller ID are legitimate. Caller IDs can be deceptive.
• Never share your personal information, including date of birth, Social Security number or bank account information.
• Never wire money to someone you don’t know.
• Do not click links or call numbers in unexpected emails or texts—especially those asking for your account information.
• Most utilities will NOT require their customers to purchase prepaid debit cards or money orders to avoid an immediate disconnection.
• If you receive a call that sounds like it may be a scam, or if you believe the call is a scam, hang up, call the police, and report the incident to Columbus Electric Cooperative at 800-950-2667.